Posts for tag: dentures
What your dentist in Chicago wants you to know
Have you been told you need a denture? Have you been wearing the same denture for a long time? If you answered yes to either of these questions, it’s time to learn more about your denture options. Today’s dentures look natural, fit well, and restore your smile and chewing ability. Dr. Ademola Adekola Jr. at More Smiles of Beverly in Chicago, IL, offers dentures that could help you.
Your smile is your most important asset, and what people first notice about you. The right denture can give you a beautiful smile that you can be proud of, restoring your self-esteem. Having a complete set of teeth allows you to retain full chewing function, which helps to maintain your overall health. The right denture can help your life.
At More Smiles of Beverly, you can choose from a few types of dentures, each with their own benefits. Consider:
- An immediate denture if you want a new smile immediately; this denture is placed right after teeth are removed, and then a more permanent denture is created after your tissue has healed completely.
- A conventional denture if you only want to get used to wearing one denture; this denture is created after your tissue has healed completely, typically within 6 to 8 weeks.
- An implant-supported denture if you want maximum support and bone conservation; this denture, known as an overdenture, is snapped in place over implants or existing tooth roots.
- A partial denture if you only need to replace a few teeth and not an entire arch; partial dentures come in 2 basic types:
- A transitional partial denture is a great choice if you eventually plan to have implants placed. Transitional partials are less durable than conventional partials and are meant as temporary tooth replacement while you are waiting for implants.
- A conventional partial denture is the choice to make if you don’t want implants. Conventional partials are meant as a permanent tooth replacement solution and are sturdy and meant to last.
For more detailed information about dentures, please visit the Dentures section on the website at http://www.moresmilesofbeverly.com/dentures.html
It’s time to discuss your denture options with an expert. It’s time to call Dr. Adekola at More Smiles of Beverly in Chicago, IL. Don’t wait to get the smile you deserve. Call today!