Posts for tag: restorative dentistry
What your dentist in Chicago wants you to know
Have you been told you need a denture? Have you been wearing the same denture for a long time? If you answered yes to either of these questions, it’s time to learn more about your denture options. Today’s dentures look natural, fit well, and restore your smile and chewing ability. Dr. Ademola Adekola Jr. at More Smiles of Beverly in Chicago, IL, offers dentures that could help you.
Your smile is your most important asset, and what people first notice about you. The right denture can give you a beautiful smile that you can be proud of, restoring your self-esteem. Having a complete set of teeth allows you to retain full chewing function, which helps to maintain your overall health. The right denture can help your life.
At More Smiles of Beverly, you can choose from a few types of dentures, each with their own benefits. Consider:
- An immediate denture if you want a new smile immediately; this denture is placed right after teeth are removed, and then a more permanent denture is created after your tissue has healed completely.
- A conventional denture if you only want to get used to wearing one denture; this denture is created after your tissue has healed completely, typically within 6 to 8 weeks.
- An implant-supported denture if you want maximum support and bone conservation; this denture, known as an overdenture, is snapped in place over implants or existing tooth roots.
- A partial denture if you only need to replace a few teeth and not an entire arch; partial dentures come in 2 basic types:
- A transitional partial denture is a great choice if you eventually plan to have implants placed. Transitional partials are less durable than conventional partials and are meant as temporary tooth replacement while you are waiting for implants.
- A conventional partial denture is the choice to make if you don’t want implants. Conventional partials are meant as a permanent tooth replacement solution and are sturdy and meant to last.
For more detailed information about dentures, please visit the Dentures section on the website at http://www.moresmilesofbeverly.com/dentures.html
It’s time to discuss your denture options with an expert. It’s time to call Dr. Adekola at More Smiles of Beverly in Chicago, IL. Don’t wait to get the smile you deserve. Call today!
Are you in need of a dental implant?
Dental implants are not just a restorative procedure that can beautify your smile, but it's vital for providing your jawbone with the necessary strength. Your dentist in Chicago, IL, Dr. Ademola Adekola Jr., is here to help and advise you!
What's a dental implant?
If you're suffering from tooth loss, it's vital to deal with this problem as soon as possible. Tooth loss can lead to the deterioration of your bones without the support it needs. If you decide to get a dental implant, here's what you need to know about the process:
- A local anesthetic is applied to the area that will undergo the procedure.
- Your dentist will remove any tooth left and insert a titanium post into the jawbone. The titanium post acts as the new tooth root and is biocompatible, so there is no worry of tissue rejection.
- The doctor will then surgically close the area and allow it to heal for a period of 3 to 6 months, while the process of osseointegration takes its full course.
- When you return, your Chicago dentist will re-open the area, insert an abutment and place a crown over the abutment that matches the rest of your teeth.
What are the advantages of dental implants?
- Implants can have a high success rate, reaching 95 percent, compared to other dental restorations.
- They can last a lifetime if cared for properly.
- They don't slip out of place like dentures, which makes them comfortable and practical.
- They provide your jawbone with the support it needs so that it doesn't shrink.
- They are used to fill a single gap in your teeth, a few gaps, or all of your teeth.
- Dental implants look natural and can give you a beautiful smile.
- You won't have to worry about being able to bite into and chew your favorite foods.
If you have questions or concerns, Dr. Adekola can help you out. Call his office, located in Chicago, IL, at (773) 980-8900 to make an appoint today!